lost my wireless connection in my "Vista" laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Guachy

Please help me..lost my wireless connection in my "vista" laptop and I have tried everything that I know but this is not much - cheers

TerryNet

Terry
Meaning what? You can't detect wireless networks? The adapter is no longer in Device Manager? ????

Can you still connect via ethernet?

Guachy

Hi there, I can connet to the internet if I connect direct to the router but my laptop no longer finds my wireless option, I can see other wireless networks but not the one I used to be connected to. I have rebooted the router -nothing changed.

TerryNet

Terry
OK, sounds like the wireless adapter is mostly working (you can detect networks). Is your router's SSID broadcast enabled? If the router has a WLAN LED is it on?

Does another computer detect your router's signal?

Guachy

Hi there, yes the answer to all your questions. The problem seems to be intermittant but some days cannot connect at all.

For example today I am connected but yesterday all day could not.

Any advised would be most appreciated

Cheers

TerryNet

Terry
Intermittent problems are so much fun. :(

When it happens try a Restart of the PC. And then "escalate" to a shut down of the PC, unplug the router for a minute, plug in router again, boot PC.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online