Lost Network connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pclarejnr

Hi all,

firstly i have looked over a stupid amount of forums and posts etc about this problem, I have determined that it must be individual to my pc (i.e wireless card needs to visit the recyclers), I hope not :-(,

I have my main Pc on wireless to my SKY router (D_Link) I think

I tried to install malaware bytes, following the restart I lost connection to the internet :mad: although the wireless is connected to the router :confused:

Here's what i've tried so far :

System Resore
Unable to roll back device driver
flush / renew dns
disable & Uninstall Broadcon 802.11g Network Adapter #2
disable firewalls etc
Diagnose results : there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless Network Connection 2 adapter

here is my ipconfig report:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Home>ipconfig /All

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Home-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Please help I hate being demoted to the laptop :(

regards

Pete

daz1

Banned
hi bit nervous when you say TRIED to install malwarebytes? why try ?? if a problem installing it then very likely you have a bug as many bugs out there know malware bytes can kill them so they block it

if you think a bug click report bitton and ask to move to spyware forum if not carry on !!! :)

TerryNet

Terry
There is no evidence of any networking hardware in your ipconfig.

What is listed in Device Manager under Network Adapters? What errors or warnings are anywhere in Device Manager?

pclarejnr

Errmm,

Malawarebytes successfully installed onto the system, however I installed from an icon which has been on the desktop for some time:eek:, I just thought I'd install and it would pick up the update following the restart hmmmm :eek:,I have run malawarebytes and it found 6 infections (which it successfully removed), to no avail,

There are no abnormalities in device manager

under Network adapters it shows

Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter #2
NVIDIA nForce Networking controllers

I was thinking of installing a new download of malawarebytes on the laptop and ad hoc the laptop to the main pc running a network check, but if I did it might knock out the laptop (serious tears would flow then)

regds

Pete

TerryNet

Terry
Does the wireless and/or ethernet connection show in Network Connections? If so, if disabled then enable it/them and try the ipconfig /all again.

pclarejnr

everything is enabled , I have disabled and enabled them again still not working :(

Pete

TerryNet

Terry
And still none show up in the ipconfig /all?

You could try the below repairs, but if that doesn't fix things I think you need to at least do what this thread says and then request a move to Virus & Other Malware Removal forum or else format the partition and install or "Recover" Windows.

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online