Lost Outlook Express folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ianril

I have an accidently deleted outlook express folder. It exists on the computer - see windows explorer - but I cannot access it with OE6. Any offers??

Ian

Your question is not quite clear to me, but I think what you mean is that the folder exists on your Hard Disk, but you can't see it in your OE. Right?

Since you can see it in your Hard Disk, I once again assume that you are aware of folder location, etc and the folder is in right place but is not visible in OE6.

On these assumptions, I offer this work around.

- Remove that OE folder's .dbx file from its current location and keep it somewhere else.
- Now open OE and create another folder with exactly the same name.
- On completion of previous step, a new .dbx file must have been created in the mail folder location.
- Now replace this new folder with the old folder, hopefully all your mails stored in that folder will be back.

Hope I have understood your problem correctly.

ianril

Thanks

I had undertaken exactly these steps but OE6 will still not read. Possible to read amidst the garbage in Word but for a folder with maybe 100 mails this is impossible to use. Some key element of the recognition must have been lost with the deletion

Ian

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online