1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Part of Top Tool Bar

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wrenie, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

I have yet another problem. For a couple of days I had been bombarded with a virus. Well, I got that taken care of, but now I have lost part of my top tool bar on my yahoo page. (I think that is what you call it). It was just under the address area for Yahoo. It had the bookmarks, search, yahoo and google search boxes. Does anyone know what I am talking about? If so, can you tell me how to get it back? Thanks, Wrenie

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

IMO, Yahoo toolbar is troublesome, snooping, un-needed software, but, I guess some people like it so...Have you tried to download and re-install the software?

3. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

Go to the Control Panel, then to the ADD/REMOVE Programs Icon and remove the yahoo Toolbar. Reboot. Then go to Yahoo and download and re-install the software. The worm/virus may have corrupted your original installation.

5. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

Ok, I'll try this. Thanks Wrenie

6. wrenie

wrenie Thread Starter

I was wondering if I could do a system restore to a date before I lost this? Would that bring back the virus that I just got rid of?

Wrenie

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

That is very possible. System Restore should be disabled when cleaning a virus so just that event does not occur. Disabling SR removes any possibly virus-infected restore points and SR is then re-enabled after the virus has been cleaned out.

8. Emtronics

Emtronics

System Restore MUST be disabled when cleaning out a virus. If you restore you will get the virus back. Disable Syatem restore. Clean the virus. Enable System Restore when done.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!