Lost Part of Top Tool Bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wrenie

I have yet another problem. For a couple of days I had been bombarded with a virus. Well, I got that taken care of, but now I have lost part of my top tool bar on my yahoo page. (I think that is what you call it). It was just under the address area for Yahoo. It had the bookmarks, search, yahoo and google search boxes. Does anyone know what I am talking about? If so, can you tell me how to get it back? Thanks, Wrenie

IMO, Yahoo toolbar is troublesome, snooping, un-needed software, but, I guess some people like it so...Have you tried to download and re-install the software?

Go to the Control Panel, then to the ADD/REMOVE Programs Icon and remove the yahoo Toolbar. Reboot. Then go to Yahoo and download and re-install the software. The worm/virus may have corrupted your original installation.

wrenie

I was wondering if I could do a system restore to a date before I lost this? Would that bring back the virus that I just got rid of?

Wrenie

That is very possible. System Restore should be disabled when cleaning a virus so just that event does not occur. Disabling SR removes any possibly virus-infected restore points and SR is then re-enabled after the virus has been cleaned out.

System Restore MUST be disabled when cleaning out a virus. If you restore you will get the virus back. Disable Syatem restore. Clean the virus. Enable System Restore when done.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online