Lost Password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AndreasLeto

I know it’s a long shot but I thought I’d chance it. I’m trying to help my roommate with his computer but I have no idea how to do it I’ve googled it but still no solution. So he has a Windows 8 PC and has forgotten the password. So I advised him to remove hard drive and back up any files he wants to keep to a laptop then I tried to do a wipe of the machine but it needs a recovery disk which he doesn’t have. What else can I do. thanks for any time anyone can spare

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
We do not provide help here with a forgotten password because we have no way to confirm the computer's true owner or the reason for wanting to access it.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Does the system have a Recovery partition? If there is a Product Key on the unit, you should be able to install Win10 (possibly even Win8, but why?) using the Microsoft creation tool. You would just enter the Win8 key when called for.

TerryNet

Terry
So he has a Windows 8 PC
If you mean a computer that had Windows 8 pre-installed you can try the Recovery partition or just install the correct version of Windows 8.1. The Product Key is on a chip embedded in the motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online