1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Planet -Extreme condition

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jolero, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jolero

Jolero Thread Starter

Hi all,I hope someone can help. Got Lost planet - Extreme condition recently.After a frustrating installation procedure (my first encounter with Steam) and an eleven hour download to update the game,it all started wonderfully. The built in performance test quotes 74 FPS in Snow and 56 in the cave so that to me rules out system capability problems.When I tell Steam to launch the game however it simply starts as it should right up to the point where the actual gameplay should begin , I cannot take control of the in game caracter. He simply spins around on the spot accepting no input from my keyboard or mouse. After checking and tuning the PC settings in the options menu and asking Steam to validate my game install(which it shows at 100% ready) I restarted the game full of hope. Guess what: now he spins on the spot in the opposite direction , still not accepting any input from me! What to do?!?!..... My system specs an XFX Geforce 8800gts 320mb , E6750 dual core chip , 800mhz DDR2 memory , all on a Gigabyte P35DS3R mobo with XP SP2 , and I made sure to launch the DX9 version.

2. Lone_Warrior666

Lone_Warrior666

Although i did not read your weak system items like your dual core prosessor i will however say this.... GET A BETTER COMPUTER YOU NERD my computer has a quad core cooling system 6 fans 2x 1 terrabyte ram sticks (Imported from tokyo) and a 8800 vid card and also i have 2 terrabyte space in my com.... basically built from nasa. cause my dad worked for them last year when we lived in america so yeah get a better one if you can.......now read on.....

....LOL JST JKS MAN I DONT HAVE ALL THAT STUFF SOZ BUT I WAS BORED anyway soz man i donno what to do i thought lost planet was only for 360 soz.

3. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

oook

well yeh it sounds like your input devices arent working too well...do u have a joypad plugged in at all? or is it jus mouse an keyboard u have plugged in? and is that plugged in via a kvm

4. Jolero

Jolero Thread Starter

Hi all. Thanks for all the ideas. Graphics card drivers? I'll double check that the latest are installed. Input devices ? They work just fine with any other game but I suppose its worth swopping them all the same. Keep you posted!!

5. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

well i just ask as if u have a joypad plugged in while not using it the computer might get confused

6. Jolero

Jolero Thread Starter

Nope I had no joypad plugged in.

7. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

hmm sounds odd...i dont think it is a problem with anyting like a graphics card or drivers etc...it deffinatly sounds like a control option gone wrong...

8. Jolero

Jolero Thread Starter

I think so too. I,ve emaile dthe support guys at Steam. lets wait and see if they can solve this one.Who knows , maybe this helps someone else too.....

9. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

aye..true..does it only happen in lost planet tho? or all steam gameS?

10. Jolero

Jolero Thread Starter

Dunno....Its my first and only Steam game so far. All other games play fine though.CNC3 Tiberium wars had no problem , as did Tomb Raider legend. I'm currently reliving Freelancer on the Crossfire mod and there Sp and Mp also works fine! No answer from the Steam support guys yet .

11. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Why not just sign up for the steam forums?

12. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh the steam powered forums would be the best place for steam troubles

13. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

tho you could try going into control options and resetting everything to default

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice