1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Preview in Fax Console

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rwrussell, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rwrussell

rwrussell Thread Starter

I'm using the Fax Console (version 5.1, SP1) in XP Home to receive faxes on my computer. I use to be able to double click the entry in the Fax Console and the fax would open up in a viewer from which I could view, manipulate, print etc. Suddenly the viewer no longer opens and my only option is to right click on the entry and print it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you recently apply Microsoft's security patches? I see one that relates to the Fax Console, and it may have broken your display. If you applied it, you might try removing it.

3. rwrussell

rwrussell Thread Starter

Windows XP is setup to update automatically so this could very well be the problem. How do I determine which patch is causing the problem and how do I remove it?? Thanks.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, I'd probably scan the Microsoft Knowledge Base, since I only remember seeing the patch come up, but I don't remember which one it was.

5. medee

medee

I am also having a similar problem in XP.My fax view only lets me see the cover page and I cannot get the rest of the pages to view. Let me know what you find out about your problem.

6. rwrussell

rwrussell Thread Starter

I followed johnwill's suggestion and seached the Microsoft Knowledge database for XP fax console. There was a fix that I was able to download and now it works great! Good luck!

7. medee

medee

When I try to preview a fax I get a window with the cover page and in the blue title bar is has
    MSFaxConsoleTempPreview# ( ...etc).
    It seems to be using Quicktime to preview faxes and this was not the case before.
    I read JOHNWILL's reply to RWRUSSELL but I don't understand how to remove the Q322011 patch. Thanks in advance for any help
    :confused:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!