Lost Programs after Factory Reset/Restore Dell Inspiron/Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Warthog1

Steve
Hi

After a successful factory reset and restore via Windows Backup/Restore, I'm missing a couple important programs (Adobe Acrobat; Paperport). Everything else seems to have restored properly. Is there still a chance these two are lurking on my backup Seagate external drive and, if so, how can I root them out (a simple search yields nothing)

Any ideas out there????

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would not think so as Windows backup on 7 does not back up programs - only the system image does that.

Windows 7 backup
Windows Backup won't back up the following items:

• Program files (files that define themselves as part of a program in the registry when the program is installed).
  • Files stored on hard disks that are formatted using the FAT file system.
  • Files that are in the Recycle Bin.
  • Temporary files on drives smaller than 1 GB

Adobe of course if it was the free version is not a problem as you can simply download it

Paperport if it was this
http://shop.nuance.co.uk/store/nuan...Currency.GBP?gclid=CMb2p8DWjsICFesBwwodG7AALg

is problem and the only possible solution I see if you still have any details of the purchase is to contact Nuance and see what they may offer you

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts