1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost saved images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by nontronic, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nontronic

nontronic Thread Starter

To put it non technically.I saved some pics from the web on my win98se .I Right clicked on image-save as (name)- jpeg or ? and could look in my pics folder to view.I saved about 20 pics this way.Any how now all these icons turned into win logos and cannot view anymore,Also I cannot save pics any longer-goes through same process but only win logo appears with no way to open.I run adaware and spybot with norton antiV.Any suggestions Please.

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Right click on one of the pics. Select open with, then choose which program you want to use. Ckect the box saying always open with then ok.

3. hewee

hewee

Well you need to high light the picture icon nd hold down the shift key and then right click on one of the pics. Select open with, then choose which program you want to use to open the image with.

4. nontronic

nontronic Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your responce but I guess I did not explain problem well.When attempting to open there is no open option,top says--scan with nort.-send to-cut-copy-ect. Icon is not paint brush-is white background windows logo, JPG file? The pics. used to have a paint icon and opened easy but changed by itself oneday to an empty winlogo icon. You know those empty winlogo that appear untill win. recognizes file and icon changes, like on startup
    When I attempt to (save as) the pics. properties says JPG file-xxxbytes ect. paint logo icon upper left. After save properties say JPG file-xxxbytes ect. empty winlogo icon upper left with no open or openwith option-when shift engaged as you suggested options say-scanwith-send to- cut-copy ect. I hope this gives a better idea of problem. THANK YOU for all your help.

5. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    What happens if you go into explorer and right click on one of the images?
    (assuming you haven't done it through explorer. I'm just grasping at straws now. I'm not sure if it's the way you are explaining it or the way I'm reading it)

6. nontronic

nontronic Thread Starter

Hello Wimpy,
    If you mean exploring pics. folder(instead of opening) it remains same- red green-blue-yellow squared windows logo that has no open or openwith option.
    Thank you nontronic

7. RT

RT

Try this free download: OpenExpert

[​IMG]

"To choose the applications for the given file type, just select "Configure Applications" and you're provided with a dialog where you can easily add your applications to the menu." - says the website.

I haven't tried it, but I've read it's fast, free, and doesn't add an icon in your systray. I have found no negative comments about it.

Alternatively, Microsoft has a registry edit to add "Open with..." to the right click context menu. If you are familiar with editing your registry I'll be glad to post it, just give the word.

8. hewee

hewee

RT that is a nice program to have. Is it free?

9. RT

RT

Yup, it's as free as air, and not only is it free, it's free for personal use only so I'm gonna have to charge you some outrageous fee just because you asked :D

Still FREE for nontronic, though.

10. hewee

hewee

Thanks RT I will send you $1000.00 the 8th Monday of next month. :D

11. justlook

justlook

I can't help with specific computer problem that you have but this program is excellent for organizing photos (jpeg etc) If you want to find all the pics on your computer then this will do it.

Picasa 1.618 Photo Viewer

Picasa. Everything you need to enjoy your digital photos in a single software product:

Auto-transfer photos from your digital camera.

Organize and find pictures in seconds.

Edit, print, and share photos with ease.

Create slideshows, order prints and more!

The download itself contains only the Picasa software. Picasa will not uninstall other programs or add any non-Picasa programs or files to your computer.

This software is Windows® compatible

Picasa works with the digital photo files on your PC to create a better, more organized viewing and editing experience. Picasa will not delete or move the location of pictures saved on your PC.

http://www.picasa.com/google/

12. RT

RT

Here's a crazy idea, but try using the "Send to..." option and select "Mail recipient" and email one of the offending files to a friend (or, try to upload it on the board) to see if anything will open the attachment, or to see if it arrives as a valid jpg file, or see if it arrives...just an idea...

Hewee,
    IF the 8th and a Monday of whichever month ever comes together, you might be getting a bill! :D

13. hewee

hewee

Don't you wish RT it would. :D

Buy the way I got the OpenExpert and have to say I love it.
    I great little must have program I just love. :)
    So thanks for posting about it. (y)

14. RT

RT

Good to hear that, hewee :)
    I hope it helps nontronic too.

15. hewee

hewee

You bet RT. :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272277

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice