Lost Settings

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Skinner

Hi when I set the Windows display option fade/scroll effect to fade for the menus, this works fine, but only lasts a couple of days, then resets back to scroll... Why is this happening?:cool:

Skinner

Thanks for the tip. But: File Associations are not my problem! Windows settings are! I scrolled through the whole list and still couldn't find anything to do with WindowsXp settings....(n)

Windows XP Doesn't Save User Settings (on the left, first one) on line 30 is a registry edit. You save the edit to the desktop. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt. This will edit the registry to save your settings. Create a restore point first, if something goes wrong, you can restore.

Skinner

OK thanks, yes I was assuming line 30 on the left equated to the column to the right (as my cursor didn't change to a hand when it hovered over the Windows Settings text).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online