1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Sound on my HP Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by raj421uk, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raj421uk

raj421uk Thread Starter

Please Help !!!

I have lost sound on my HP Laptop ( Vista ). I tried with and without Headphones without any luck...

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

I`m assuming it`s worked in the past and has now suddenely stopped. It might sound silly but make sure the volume wheel is turned up and you haven`t muted the audio either as an accidental keyboard knock or as some mice have volume on them, the mute button on the mouse.

After that, do you have options in Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel?

Jenny

3. raj421uk

raj421uk Thread Starter

Hello Jenny, Thank you for your instant response. I checked all posibilties of losing the Sound before I seeked your Help. Its Now working.
    I went to Control Panel for Device Manager, selected Sound, Video and Game Controller, right clicked on Conexant High definition, Disabled and then Enabled...Restarted the system and then it worked.. Thank you

4. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hey, good news and well done. Best mark this thread as Solved now.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Double-click the Conexant High Definition Audio entry, then click Driver(tab).

What's the driver version and driver date listed?

The current version for Windows Vista is 4.19.0.52 and was released in November 2007.

If you have an older version and want to update it, you can download it from here.

Sometimes updating the driver can resolve sound issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice