Lost Sound on my HP Laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raj421uk

Please Help !!!

I have lost sound on my HP Laptop ( Vista ). I tried with and without Headphones without any luck...

JennyJackson01

Account Closed
I`m assuming it`s worked in the past and has now suddenely stopped. It might sound silly but make sure the volume wheel is turned up and you haven`t muted the audio either as an accidental keyboard knock or as some mice have volume on them, the mute button on the mouse.

After that, do you have options in Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel?

Jenny

raj421uk

Hello Jenny, Thank you for your instant response. I checked all posibilties of losing the Sound before I seeked your Help. Its Now working.
I went to Control Panel for Device Manager, selected Sound, Video and Game Controller, right clicked on Conexant High definition, Disabled and then Enabled...Restarted the system and then it worked.. Thank you

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Double-click the Conexant High Definition Audio entry, then click Driver(tab).

What's the driver version and driver date listed?

The current version for Windows Vista is 4.19.0.52 and was released in November 2007.

If you have an older version and want to update it, you can download it from here.

Sometimes updating the driver can resolve sound issues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online