Lost sound

Cypher04

I seem to have lost sound on my computer. When I do a troubleshooting scan all I get back is "restart the pc" While this normally fixes most Windows issues it did not help in this case. In the device manager, every sound device has an error and under device status, they all say this "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" I have tried restarting the pc, I tried various registry cleaners I have tried finding this error online but it all seems to be related to keyboards and tells me to go in and edit the registry for the keyboard...I doubt that this will fix the issue.

Any help would be great guys, thanks.

Cypher04

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20190925184308.000000-300
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 32 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX Vega
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (86 GB Free); D: 931 GB (184 GB Free); E: 1863 GB (738 GB Free); H: 931 GB (410 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B450M-A, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 190448684800859
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Cypher04

I believe that the drivers are fine, I reinstalled them a little over an hour ago. I really think the issue is in the registry.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Uninstall the device (should ask you when you uninstall the driver), then reinstall the driver and reboot. If that doesn't work, then I will assume it's a hardware issue.

Cypher04

Uninstall the device (should ask you when you uninstall the driver), then reinstall the driver and reboot. If that doesn't work, then I will assume it's a hardware issue.
That was one of the first things I did. Do you think that it is a hardware issue with it saying that the registry is corrupted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.