1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nita, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

suddenly I have no sound at all. I have windows 98 SE. When I click on the loudspeaker icon nothing is muted.I have looked at all the leads/cables and nothing seems to be out of place.Can you help any advice needs to be very simple

2. CoolerMaster

CoolerMaster

This has happened to me occasionally, but I use windows xp. Try this:

1. go into start
    2. click settings>control panel
    3. once you are in the control panel click on sounds and audio devices
    4. A separate screen should pop. One section should say device volume. Make sure that the volume bar there is all the way up. Click on the advanced tab under device volume and make sure none of the different sections are muted.

Have you done that already? I wasn't quite sure. Well if you haven't go ahead and try it.

CoolerMaster

3. winbob

winbob

Nita,

At the same time as checking what Coolermaster suggested, check the Audio tab and make sure that the correct devices are selected for your sound reproduction. A friend of mine had the same problem, and "somehow" the Modem was selected as the sound device...go figure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice