1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Sound

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by zan.w, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zan.w

zan.w Thread Starter

Started my Windows Media player up to play some songs and no sound, none through headphones either but mic can be heard through the speakers. Have checked drivers and speaker settings all says is working fine..Have disconnected speakers and connected headphones in same spot, still no music. Nothing is muted. Can see the music playing visuallly but no sound.. No windows sounds or internet either.. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. olliea95

olliea95

I think the problem may be that you've got the microphone set to output through the speakers, although when I've had this enabled music still worked. See if you can turn it off, probably somewhere in volume control. Unfortunately I haven't got Windows booted at the moment so I cannot check.

Also to help solve your problem, could you tell me what operating system you are using (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 7)?

Hope you can solve it.

3. zan.w

zan.w Thread Starter

Windows 7, restarted computer a couple times and speakers are now working.. Thanks..

4. zan.w

zan.w Thread Starter

Restarted a few times and all is working, sorry it took so long to replay, have been ill for a couple weeks.. thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice