1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost/Stolen Iphone questions

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by nmlconnors, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nmlconnors

nmlconnors Thread Starter

Recently I lost my Iphone, I believe it was stolen. SO immediately I went to find my Iphone, but it only had an old location. I set it to lost mode, called it many times, but lost mode will only take effect once it collects to internet. Unfortunately I had my data turned off. In then beginning, I when I called it the person in possession of my phone kept hanging up calls, until turning it off.

I have sent it a couple text messages, saying "Reward if returned, please call (phone number)" Nothing has come back as of now, but I was wondering if it was possible to remotely turn on my data through an sms (although I had no app for this, is it still possible?), or through my phone provider. This would let me track my phone and therefore find it.

Is my phone gone for good, or could I still find it? Could I not track it through its cell signal?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    did you have icloud setup ?, i assume so for findmyphone, or is this what you mean by data turned off
    if not , then its very easy to wipe and reinstall via itunes
    have you talked to the Mobile network about disabling the cellular number , so they don't use your data and calls and you face charges

3. nmlconnors

nmlconnors Thread Starter

Yeah, it's data is off so I cant track it trough that. I will change all of my passwords. Findmy iphone isnt working because it has no connection. Ill have to disable the sim and get a new one.

4. Lokimerry

Lokimerry

If the iPhone isn't connected to wi-fi, it should be hard to do .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217735

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice