Lost/Stolen Iphone questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nmlconnors

Recently I lost my Iphone, I believe it was stolen. SO immediately I went to find my Iphone, but it only had an old location. I set it to lost mode, called it many times, but lost mode will only take effect once it collects to internet. Unfortunately I had my data turned off. In then beginning, I when I called it the person in possession of my phone kept hanging up calls, until turning it off.

I have sent it a couple text messages, saying "Reward if returned, please call (phone number)" Nothing has come back as of now, but I was wondering if it was possible to remotely turn on my data through an sms (although I had no app for this, is it still possible?), or through my phone provider. This would let me track my phone and therefore find it.

Is my phone gone for good, or could I still find it? Could I not track it through its cell signal?

etaf

Wayne
did you have icloud setup ?, i assume so for findmyphone, or is this what you mean by data turned off
if not , then its very easy to wipe and reinstall via itunes
have you talked to the Mobile network about disabling the cellular number , so they don't use your data and calls and you face charges

nmlconnors

did you have icloud setup ?, i assume so for findmyphone, or is this what you mean by data turned off
if not , then its very easy to wipe and reinstall via itunes
have you talked to the Mobile network about disabling the cellular number , so they don't use your data and calls and you face charges
Yeah, it's data is off so I cant track it trough that. I will change all of my passwords. Findmy iphone isnt working because it has no connection. Ill have to disable the sim and get a new one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online