1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost tabs in Firefox

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by peachie1936, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. peachie1936

peachie1936 Thread Starter

Firefox 2.0 is my browser of choice and I use the tabs extensively. Recently I have had all the tabs disappear and leave a blank screen, but when I close it, the message about the number of open tabs pops up. This usually happens if I click somewhere on an open tab (not on a link). I have searched through the entire menu and the Options choices and cannot find out how to have my tabs reappear. What is happening? :mad:

By the way, I downloaded and installed Firefox 3.0 a while back and was totally dissatisfied with the changes made so went back to 2.0.

2. Jesse H

Jesse H

I would strongly suggest you update to 3.0.3. It works extremely better than all their previous version and all though you may not be use to the changes, in time you'll find it more and more familiar. I doubt you will find any help for their older version since it's not the latest version.

3. Augie65

Augie65

You can try running Firefox safe mode to see if you have an extension that is causing the problem.
    Start> All Programs> Mozilla Firefox> Firefox (Safe Mode).
    This starts Firefox without any extensions and the default theme.
    If this doesn't help, try creating a new profile to see if your profile is corrupt.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/767797