1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost the resizing when emailing pics

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sheza20, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sheza20

Sheza20 Thread Starter

I use to have the option to resize my pics when e-mailing from my pictures folder, now it just goes to the email and doesnt give me that option anymore. I went into IE tools to make sure that the resize pic was checked and it is. I have unchecked it, rebooted then checked it and rebooted, clicked reset to default. And nothing seems to get that option back. Does anyone know how to get that feature back and how did I lose it in the first place.

Running windows xp pro

2. Cookies

Cookies

3. Sheza20

Sheza20 Thread Starter

Cookies I have dl that and installed it a couple of weeks ago and it shows in my programs with only the read me file but so far it hasn't fixed my problem I still can't resize the pics without opening them first in photoshop resizing then saving again. I know I'm not catching something, but I just can't figure it out yet.

4. Cookies

Cookies

Did you uninstall the old powertoys first? Forgive me. I should have included that.

5. Sheza20

Sheza20 Thread Starter

no I didnt but I will do that now and try again

6. Cookies

Cookies

okies :)

7. Sheza20

Sheza20 Thread Starter

That didnt work either
    I printed out the read me file and according to this (Image Resizer
    This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files. When resizing you can choose from one of four standard sizes or choose a size that you specify. You can also choose to resize the original image or create a new one. Right click any image(s) and select 'Resize Pictures' in the context menu.) and this isnt working, I'm dont even get the option to resize.

8. Cookies

Cookies

I can't help but wonder if it's grabbed PhotoShop and set as your default image viewer.

Try this:

Open your "my pictures" folder. Right click on any photo. Left click "open with", left click "choose program". What do you see in "recommended"?

You may have to play with it some; but once you find the right one...make sure to check "always use the selected program to open this kind of file"/OK.

Attached Files:

9. Sheza20

Sheza20 Thread Starter

Mine open with Windows picture and fax viewer. I Dont have microsoft photo editor. and where did you get the screenshot program.

10. Cookies

Cookies

Are there other choices for you to pick from? The screenshot is simply paint.

Start/programs/accessories/paint.

Something else that just occured to me is this: Make sure you're logged into xp as the administrator. It may not be saving your changes.

11. Sheza20

Sheza20 Thread Starter

how do I attach the pic of what I'm looking for? like you attached the screenshot pic

12. Cookies

Cookies

Ctrl/Prt Scr, then Start/programs/accessories/paint. Then edit/paste. File/save as ...give it a name and click the "save as type" drop down. Change to jpeg.

13. Sheza20

Sheza20 Thread Starter

(Make sure you're logged into xp as the administrator. It may not be saving your changes.)

Well this is another one that I'm not sure on, my computers all have me as my name and computer administrator in the user accounts. So I should be on as the administrator correct???

14. Sheza20

Sheza20 Thread Starter

Well that was pretty cool I ended up doing it with snag it but I like your way better but now I dont know how to add it to this post as an attachment

15. Cookies

Cookies

Page down to "attach file"/browse and then submit reply. Just make sure the file size isn't too big.

Can you resize in paint?? :D

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!