1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost TPUs, Epson scanner

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lilart, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

I have an Epson Perfection 1650 Photo scanner. It worked great when I was scanning slides and film. I had not worked on film for sometime, so was surprised to find that today I do not have TPU selections, and the Document Source in Epson Twain is a grayed out "Flatbed" so I cannot change to Transparencies. I think if I could change the Document Source that the TPUs would show up. I've tried all that I could think of, including uninstalling and reinstalling Epson Twain 5. I've read all their FAQs and there's no help there. The Epson automated tech help doesn't touch on this problem. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, lilart

2. slipe

slipe

The scanner seems to think the lid is unplugged. If it has a plug between the lid and scanner make sure it is seated. If it is just a wire make sure it didn’t get damaged.

3. lilart

lilart Thread Starter

Thanks, I solved the problem about no TPUs. I now have them available but cannot bring up in Epson Twain a single frame from the 35mm strip of film. All I get is a view of the strip, even though it says it is a thumbnail view. I can't use the marquis as it is grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas? lilart

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice