Lost username and password in windows 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nigelt

HELP!

Windows 2000 usually displays the username and password when i want to log on, and i just click OK and go to the desktop. However, upon turning it on today nothing appears, i press enter and it says to enter a username and password, Cancel is greyed out and there is no 'X' button.

I can't for the life of me find the username and/or password and have no rememberance as to the username or password in my head (never needed to remember it).

Is there anyway i can get round it? BIOS changes? password hackers? I really am looking for anything that might work.

Yours in despiration

Steve

nigelt

.................... and the best way to discover the password ........ ??

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Did you try just a blank password. We usually dont give out this type of information because it is considered hacking and is considered to be against forum rules.

Google search for: offline nt password

That is all I am going to say.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts