1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

lost web cam timer. could it be......

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by puter hater, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puter hater

puter hater Thread Starter

First of all I'm not sure if this the best place to post this if its not please move it to where it needs to be...

For some reason the timer on my web cam pages has disappeared. On my computer the cam still times down.
    I look at the html and it looks the same to me but with out a timer the page does not automatically refresh. You have to shut the page down to refresh. On the first cam you have to have the timer or you can't get a picture. The second one you shut the page down and you can get a new picture.
    Can any one help?

lena cam

posse cam

puter hater

2. moebius

moebius

please provide the code and/or web locatation of both files (the working AND non-working ones) and ill definitely get back to ya

3. puter hater

Can you get the code off source? The links to both pages are on the first post.
    I apoligize for taking so long to respond. I appreciate the help.

4. moebius

moebius

im going thru the page's source rite now. the lena one. why tripod? lots of ads. goto www.geocities.com and get a good free domain at www.my.dot.tk

ur using a background called debra.gif its just a plain color. why bother with a background? why not a background color?

im not that into javascript , but i know this much: a lot of the stuff done through js can be easily accomplished thru dhtml. id suggest u get a program that i auomatically take a pic from ur cam and saves it as a file say every thirty seconds. then the webpage refreshes itself every thirty seconds... but in ur case, all the popups will be madenning

cant help further ... sorry :(

5. puter hater

Updating a whole page for some computers would be slow. That is whay I choose to update the pic instead.You are right if I was to do it your way the pop up would be bad. I have used tripod for a long time and I was under the impression geocities does not accept cams Do you now of a help board that deals in cams?
    Thank you u for trying.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice