1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Lost Website Details

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dougglos, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I don't know if this qualifies as a "Technical Problem", but if anyone can help me I would be grateful!

I had a system crash a few weeks ago, but fortunately I have a regular backup routine using Acronis, and so regained the vast proportion of my files and folders.

However, I lost a website that I enjoyed using, but don't remember its name, and so cannot resurrect it.

Basically, it is a website which gives dozens of video clips sent in, on a vast number of subjects, (music, sport, comedy, etc.) and is listed by months and years. So I was able to view clips for any month this year, and for several years past.

As I say, I cannot for the life of me remember the website name, etc., and have spent quite a lot of time using search engines, without success.

If any of the above rings a bell with anyone I would be most grateful to hear from them!

Many thanks.

2. Grey03

Grey03

First Name:
    Benjo
    Use system restore, it wont affect your files only the recent app downloads.

3. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Thanks, but I don't think that would help, as I had the website in question as a "Bookmarked Item", and when I had the crash I had to try to remember all of the bookmarks, as they had been lost. And as the crash was a few weeks ago now, I can't see how a system restore would do the trick.

4. Grey03

Grey03

First Name:
    Benjo
    System Restore will let you choose what date you want to restore. And i think you will have your lost website on that. But it is my opinion, Its up to you what to do :D

Let's just wait others opinion/suggestion.

5. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Had a look at the possibility of using System Restore, but am only given the option of a few possible dates to restore from, at most just two weeks ago, which is well after the date of my system crash. I will, as you suggest, wait to see if anyone else has a suggestion.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What browser are you using?

7. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    I am using Chrome, showing as "Chrome 60.0.3112.101"

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sorry. I don't use Chrome. If you used Firefox or Palemoon, I could tell you how to locate the bookmarks backups. I think the default is 15 but you can increase this. It makes a backup whenever there is a change made to the bookmarks.

9. vdvito

vdvito

when you go into system restore, there should be an checkbox that says something along the lines of show more restore points. this might be able to help you.

10. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Tried that - only a couple of more restore points shown - none of which help.

11. Grey03

Grey03

First Name:
    Benjo
    would you mind telling us what solution did you try? As it was marked as solved.

12. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Was not actually solved, but decided not to bother any more!!

13. Grey03

Grey03

First Name:
    Benjo
    Okay. Sorry :)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice