Lost wifi password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

conlo1927

Lost my wifi password. Tried many suggestions without success. I have a sony smart tv and especially want to get Youtube on my tv. I had it before a few weeks ago but now lost it . When I try to restore it, I am always asked to use my wifi password which is what I cannot find. I tried all the passwords that I could think of with no success. I looked on my router and could find nothing.
I thought it was adminadmin , no dice. Then I tried the one for Xfinity, no go. I am old , so I forget a lot. Please help if you can .

Couriant

James
Hello! If you were using the default wireless password, then that would be on the back of the modem or router, if you have a separate one. You can also attempt to connect to your device by going to the IP address of the router (typically 192.168.0.1) and log in there. sometimes the default is username admin and password admin or even no password. There may be a case where they will force the password to be changed so if you cannot log in, then you may need to reset the modem/router back to default.

What modem model and (if applicable) router model do you have?

If you have a ISP supplied wireless modem, sometimes the ISP can log into your modem from their end and provide the information (providing you can also confirm you are the account holder) or even change the password if needed. In fact you just reminded me to contact my ISP to reset my modem's password to default :)

cwwozniak

Chuck
The Xfinity WiFi password is different from the administrative login credentials for an Xfinity modem/router device. If you can login as an administrator into the modem/router using a web browser on your computer, you should be able to access the WiFi settings and see the current WiFi password.

As James said, you should also be able to contact Comcast/Xfinity support and request they remotely reset your WiFi password.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online