1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lost Without Microsoft Works

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by [email protected], Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VNAUT26@SI.RR.C

[email protected] Thread Starter

TRIED GETTING MY MICROSOFT WORKS ICON, RECEIVED THIS ERROR MESS. "wkswp has caused an error in user 32 dll", I've tried re-running the Microsoft works disc that came with the computer & I received this error mess. "Internal error 2889 _Is AppPath Dlg, Path"............ I've also tried to install the "application" disc(this is the 3 rd disc that comes with 2 recovery discs) that came with this computer, thinking that the works prog. might be on it, but it wasn't . I've also tried to install restore disc # 2 that came with this computer & I still did not have any luck....

I desperately need Microsoft works because it is my only word processor, which I use quite often.... I've also learned that without this prog. I cannot even load info. that I have on my 3 1/2 in. floppy........... this prob. is very frustrating....... I would appreciate it very much if U would be able to help me out with a solution.......... thanks a lot... i have re-corrected this mess. if there is anyone out there reading this, again, please help me with this prob. thanks alot

vinny(007)

2. Rockn

Rockn

Before you try doing anything scan for any virus that might be on your PC. If you don't have a scanner and want a free one go to www.grisoft.com

After that, check your hard drive for available space, scandisk and defrag and try the install again.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Do you have a Works installation disk or not? You need to determine that first. All restore disks are different and there's virtually no way we can help you determine what's on them without having you list the files/folders, contained therein.

If you DO have Works installation (setup.exe or whatever), then:

When you go to Start-Settings-Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove programs, is Works in the list? If so, completely uninstall it.

End task on everything except Explorer and systray, then reinstall.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    vinny replied to me via email, so I'll share the relevant part with everyone:

if you're talking about the disc that just says "microsoft works 2000", yes that is the one that i ran that gave me that second error mess. ( if u re-read my mess. u will see what i mean... i also went to control panel & this prog. was not in the install, etc. area at all....... now what should i do??????

Vinny, you said that Works was NOT on the installation disk in your first post. So I don't understand how re-reading it will help.

Please tell us, if you can, exactly what disks you have, their titles and names. If you have found the Works install disk, let us know. If you've found that Works is part of the restore, let us know.

And, what kind of computer did you buy? Is it online? Can you tell us exactly "how it came"? Like the specs you were given when you bought it?

I'm asking for everything, 'cause I have no idea what you have from what you've posted. Sorry. Maybe I'm being braindead?

5. VNAUT26@SI.RR.C

[email protected] Thread Starter

hello dreamboat & rockn, i've corrected my mess. hope u guys can understand my prob. better....... thanks alot

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice