LostAdminPassword

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SysIntegr8tor

I need to install software on a company laptop that no one remembers the password for administrator privileges.
I have a Knoppix live boot cd and need to get into the system files to reset the password access.
When I put the cd in and boot, the hard drive doesn't come up on the desktop GUI.
Usually it shows as HDA1 or something.
It won't "mount" either.
I need to know the steps I need to take to reset the vista administrator password, but first i'll have to figure out how to get the hard drive to show, won't I?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi and welcome to TSG.

The site rules prohibit helping with circumventing passwords for any reason.

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Sorry, we cannot assist with this topic.

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.
Closing thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts