1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

losy my key for 98 se

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ron24151, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ron24151

ron24151 Thread Starter

Hello, I was installing 98se and o lost the key to put in, i know its on the disc but how do i retrieve it...

thanks
    ron

2. Raggs

Raggs

hi
    go to registry editor and go for the link
    HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\windows\current version on right of the key we have the option for product key

if its not there go for system.dat file in windows and search for productkey all one word

3. Kitch

Kitch

The product key isn't stored on the CD.

If Windows is still installed, you can find it as mentioned above, if not you'll need to find it
    or get hold of another copy.

4. Raggs

Raggs

if you looking for any bypass key hmm i can provide u tht . Let me me know if you have win98se upgrade or clena installation

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    do you still have the c o a sticker that came with the cd? it should be stuck on your computer or on a windows 98se booklet. a quicker way is to use magic jellybean download it and it will tell you your product key like magic. i had to use that as i bought a used dell computer that came with nothing. everything had been removed from the computer and there were no cds with it. hope this helps you. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice