1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LOTRO lag problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by PLatypusguy, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PLatypusguy

PLatypusguy Thread Starter

I have a lenovo ideacentre k3 series and it has about 1 second of lag when i try and play lotro. this is extremely frustrating. and i know my connection is fine because my laptop is running lag free (it has a very bad fps rate making it almost equally frustrating though). i just got this computer. I have done everything, i have lowered the graphics, i have checked the latency and its fine, i have defragged and run disk cleanup, and nothing works.

2. JakeLunn

JakeLunn

What type of lag? Connection lag? If so, what is the exact number of your latency?

3. Armiris

Armiris

It sounds like Lord of the Rings Online is incompatible with your graphics card. Do you happen to know what the type and model of your graphics card is?

4. PLatypusguy

Ok. I have a latency of 30. And an example of the lag I am having is whenever I press the w key to move forward I have to wait 1 second to move forward. I don't think this is caused by graphics cards.

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    After the 1 second pause before starting moving (after pressing W), does your character then move normally? Or do you keep getting consistent 1 second pauses?

Exactly what model is your machine, there are a few different specs in that series?

Do you play any other games and do you have any similar problems with those or is it specific to LOTRO?

6. PLatypusguy

It is consistent. When I stop holding the w key, it takes 1 second to stop moving. When I mouse over a skill, it takes 1 second to highlight it and after I move off it it takes 1 second to stop stop highlighting. This goes on through the whole time I play and after a half hour I get fed up and log out. I have the k320 without the switch thing. And every game, even chess has this lag.

7. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Can you run this so we can get a bit more information about your PC, I am finding conflicting info on the net.

http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Or post a link to somewhere that has the full system spec for your exact make and model.

The fact you have it in everything says its your machine that is the problem, so that gives us somewhere to start.

First things first:
    - Are all your drivers fully up to date?
    - What Firewall / antivirus are you running?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice