1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lots of BSOD errors/hardware?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sues1958, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sues1958

sues1958 Thread Starter

I have a self build system. Original spec -
    Intel Pentium D 3.4
    Foxconn P4M800P7MB-RS2H
    512mb DDR2 memory
    360 Hitachi Hard Drive
    Windows XP Pro
    350w psu

I had lots of blue screen errors with this setup, at different times. Would go minutes, hours or days between crashes. All different error messages. reinstalled windows lots of times.

I have swaped out every piece of hardware except the processor. Spec now is

Intel Pentium D 3.4 (original)
    Foxconn P4M8907MA-KRS2H
    1GB DDR2 memory
    360Gb Hitachi Hard drive
    500w psu
    XP pro.

I am still getting blue screen errors. I have nothing else attached to this system. I have tried with original drivers that came with MOBO and have tried with most up to date including bios. Still having blue screen errors.

Can anywone help as I am now lost for what can be the problem.

Sue x

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

In most instances the Blue Screen usually gives us some idea as to the error occurring within the OS. Is it a blank Blue Screen or is specifying the errors? What is your error log registering.
    Age of the system? Was it working previous to this problem? Let us know...Jazz

3. sues1958

sues1958 Thread Starter

Hi Jazz
    I originally built the system Feb 2007 and the blue screens started mor or less straight away. During 2007 I changed out all the hardware. First the memory, then Hard Drive, then mobo was changed Feb 2008. Still since then I have been getting blue screen errors. All different ones stating device driver or hardware. I have read all the dumps using debugging tool and each one points to different drivers and the possible cause. Trying to pinpoint the problem I have only installed a clean Xp Pro and the mobo drivers and still getting errors.

4. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

I know you say you have changed all the hardware, but does that include the motherboard?

Sounds like it may be a BIOS setting, possibly relating to USB configuration.

5. sues1958

sues1958 Thread Starter

Yes I did change the motherboard also for another Foxconn. Can you expand on what you mean about the usb bios settings.?

6. sues1958

sues1958 Thread Starter

Now you mention USB, Ihave noticed that the NIC card has the same IRQ as all the USB hosts and controllers? I did disable the NIC card and used wireless which didnt have a conflict and I had same problems. I also installed a nic pci card which had its own irq and still same problems.

7. Lucky5tar

Lucky5tar

Unplug as many devices as possible when booting up and see if it makes a difference. This inlcudes USB and PCI devices. It's worth a shot I guess.

Also I would download all the latest drivers like graphics card, sound etc.

Try flashing the BIOS with the latest version, if that doesn't work reformat and install only the updated drivers and non from the CD that came with the PC

I had a problem with my motherboard where when I installed the IDE drivers it caused the PC to not shut down properly - these drivers came with the motherboard!! It was the last culprit you would think of, and I spent probably in excess of 100-200 hours trying to solve the problem.

8. sues1958

sues1958 Thread Starter

Thanks for you reply.
    I dont have any other hardware on the system, only mobo, cpu, memory and HD. I have tried it using supplied drivers and all updated drivers included bios but still having same problem. I can only now think it is a cpu problem, not heat but cpu itself. I need a spare cpu anyway so I am going to try another cpu in the system then if everythng is ok i will rma the cpu back to intel.

9. jazz3000

jazz3000

sues can you be real specific about the names of the hardware? Number and name of Mobo - The exact name and type of your memory (manufacture) Hard Drive...etc.
    There are times when one is not compatible with the other.
    If you need help please go to
    http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php and download to help id the ware.
    or: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html both will work in assisting to identify the system. Then post the info Jazz

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice