1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lots of BSODs and browsers keep crashing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JoRo2, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoRo2

JoRo2 Thread Starter

Hello again,

I reinstalled windows, and I'm getting BSODs like 0x0000019, I've gotten a message saying my pool header file is corrupt rarely upon startup, or it'll crash right after loadup but before you can login. Also, my browsers (Chrome, Aurora, IE, Origin, and Steam) will crash randomly. I thought it was a flash problem, but when I downgraded to Flash 10 or even an earlier 11, it still crashes.

I installed AVG Tunup yesterday to possibly scan for any issues, but it didn't fix it. I also installed SlimDrivers yesterday to update my drivers (which 9 were outdated), but I still have issues. Included is crash logs for Windows 7 Pro and Chrome. They were the only ones I know where they are. I'm really stumped. I thought I would have been error free for at least a year! Haha

I am currently running sfc /scannow to scan for issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. JoRo2

JoRo2 Thread Starter

I hate to double post, but I have another Windows Minidump file because windows crashed 10 minutes ago. I also did SFC /scannow, and it found no integrity problems.

Attached Files:

3. Lance1

Lance1

"avgldx64.sys" (AVG Internet Security) is in more than one dump. “ntkrnlmp.exe” is another that; (Will originate from software you installed on your system.) That brings me to “ksp.exe” (Kazaa Speedup Plus) As you know, that is a torrent app. And as such, TSG has no support.

Friend, you are new here, so it would be good to review the Rules of TSG prior to posting.

4. JoRo2

JoRo2 Thread Starter

I understand. I had installed that because some downloads require me to use that (strangely for work). I will uninstall it for you.

I ran one stick of ram 6 times already, and all 6 times it passed. I'm running the other one now.

What do you suggest?

Edit: I just checked on the second stick before going to bed, and it received two errors after one pass.

The two errors so far:

Tst: 7
    Pass: 0
    Failing address: 00054d38aa8 - 1357.2 MB
    Good: 66dfa823
    Bad: 67dfa823
    Err-Bits: 01000000
    Count: 1

Tst: 7
    Pass: 0
    Failing address: 00aeef3f68 - 2798.9 MB
    Good: 66df5a1b
    Bad: 67df5a1b
    Err-Bits: 01000000
    Count: 2

5. JoRo2

JoRo2 Thread Starter

So here is an update. I woke up and checked on the Memtest. Upon checking, I found 21 errors from 12 passes. That was strange to me considering the other stick had zero issues. I swapped that one out for the "error-free" stick, and started windows with just 4gb of RAM. So far, even with all the things I can think of that could crash windows like it has, it won't crash. I've opened/closed aurora a lot, surfed heavy flash sites, youtube, and still nothing. I contacted Crucial, and they said they will replace the bad stick in 1-2 weeks.

Included is the screenshots. They were taken by my Iphone because I had no other option. They were too big to zip together unfortunately.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!