1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lots of infected emails showing up in my inbox. Not sure why, please help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by St!nkf!nger, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St!nkf!nger

St!nkf!nger Thread Starter

For the past few days I've been getting lots of infected emails in my inbox. First it started with about 20 or so, but they've grown more numerous day by day. Today it was up to 76. A lot of them show up as Microsoft Windows Update emails that have a virus attached. Actually they're all worms. Also, many are showing up as emails from gibberish email addresses like [email protected]. What is it that can be causing this, and how do I get them from showing up? I've created some rules in Outlook to delete them but they keep showing up. Any ideas? Would my ISP be able to help me out at all? McAffee catches them all, but I don't want them showing up in the first place.

2. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Not much you can do about it except not open and delete them.
    You could set up a filter to automatically delete them based on a key word, depending on your email program.

The problem is, people who have your email addy in their address book have become infected and are the ones that are sending out the mass mailings.

The more people that have your address in their address book, the more chance of you receiving this garbage email.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice