1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lots of Junk Mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by GaMeSTa, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GaMeSTa

GaMeSTa Thread Starter

I'm not sure what I would have signed up to, but recently I'm getting LOTS of email in my Bulk folder (Like 25 emails a day) it's all advertisement for all different things, I tried blocking their emails, but everyone is different, it's all randomized email names, they are all just random letters/numbers so none of them are the same, And I use my Bulk folder (Because thats where some emails that I am waiting for go to )

Anyone know how to fix this

2. Deke40

Deke40

Outside of using a program like Mailwasher it is almost impossible to stop these even with a good spam blocker.

If it fits your need you can establish a message rule in your mail program accepting email only from people in your address book.

3. brookyjoann

brookyjoann

I've been there. Problem with the 'address book only' trick is that I won't get e-mails from someone I recently gave the e-mail address to and forgot to enter in the address book. To get around this, I openned another e-mail account and only give that address to the people I want to get in touch with me - anything else goes to the 'junk collector'. It's been working great for about six months now. Got my fingers crossed.

4. Deke40

Deke40

BJ-Your are right I didn't mention that option. I had to do the same thing on my wife's email as her brother must have forwarded an email to somebody and the problems started. Luckly RR let's you have 5 active emails at a time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!