1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lots of problems with windows media layer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by spacetrucker23, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacetrucker23

spacetrucker23 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm using Windows Vista Home premium and all of a sudden I've been having many problems with WMP11. I'll enlist my problems.
    1. WMP wont open when I click on the icon, but it will already be running when I check in the processes tab in task manager. Only after I end it there and click on the icon will it open.
    2. I can no longer view my playlists or create new playlists.
    3.None of my latest songs are being added to the library automatically.Even if I manually add a folder to Monitor Folders, the next time I open it, the folder which I added wont be there.
    Songs are being played in the player without any problem. and even though I disabled WMP network sharing in services.msc its still runs in processes in the task manager upon reboot.
    PLEASE help me out and help me find a solution. Thanks in advance for all those who help me out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!