1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LOTUS 123 - I can't use mouse wheel to move spreadsheets up and down

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Soroti, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Soroti

Soroti Thread Starter

I've switched to LOTUS 123 from Excel because I have a gremlin in Excel which often refuses to paste items which I have copied and this is driving me mad . The light on Paste goes out when I click the Copy button . This behaviour is erratic i.e.there is no pattern and there does not seem to be any logic in its action . ( My PC runs XP )

On Lotus I find that I can't use the mouse wheel to move the part of the spreadsheet which I am viewing up or down but have to use the scroll keys . Is this a quirk of Lotus or is there some adaptation I can make ??. I find this a real problem in workinging fast on this system .

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    What version of Lotus 123 are you using? I could have sworn millenium edition had scroll wheel functionality.

3. Soroti

Soroti Thread Starter

I think its 9.5 , it came as part of Smartsuite when I bought the new Dell PC last year .

4. JPLamb

JPLamb

I had the same problem in excel and if i remember correctly it was because i had pressed scroll lock on the keyboard. i have just tried it on Excel 2007 but it did not do anything but worth a try.

James

5. Soroti

Soroti Thread Starter

Thanks - I tried it but no change .

6. Soroti

Soroti Thread Starter

I've now found from the IBM web site that mouse wheel scrolling is NOT supported on Lotus 123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice