Lotus Approach password problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mike C UK

My step-son was trying to set up a Design password to prevent work colleagues changing databases. Some how (he can't remember quite what he did) he ended up with a general Approach access password requirement for all users. Though he can open the database in question he finds he cannot now get into Team Security as the field is 'greyed out'. He cannot therefore set up the Design protection he still requires.
Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I have never used Approach myself.
Anyone got any ideas how he can disable/remove the general protection and enable design only protection?

Anne Troy

Anne
Talked to one of our (2) lotus approach "experts". Here are some possibilities/questions he came up with:

1. Try accessing team security via File-User Settings-Approach Preferences, click on the Password tab, then Team Security.

2. Did he, by chance, go in as a reader and then set the password? He needs to go back in as a reader and remove it.

3. Have you looked for recently created pwl files on the hard drive? Have you tried copying the database ONLY to a new PC and opening it from there? (Try your Dad's PC--he's a great guy--he'll let you!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online