Lou Rawls, RIP

MSM Hobbes

Thanks for the music... (y)

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1479250

"LOS ANGELES Jan 6, 2006 — Lou Rawls, the velvet-voiced singer and longtime community activist who started as a choir boy and went on to record such classic tunes as "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine," died Friday of cancer. He was 72.

Rawls died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he was hospitalized last month for treatment of lung and brain cancer, said his publicist, Paul Shefrin. His wife, Nina, was at his bedside when he died.

Rawls' trademark was his smooth, four-octave voice the "silkiest chops in the singing game," Frank Sinatra once said. Rawls' used it in a wide variety of genres, including commercials. For millions of television viewers and radio listeners, Rawls was the familiar voice that said, "When you've said Budweiser, you've said it all. ...""

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
:( Lou had a unique voice....I liked his "You'll Never Find"! RIP Lou!

Those danged cigarettes!

I also like his music. Another favorite is "Lady Love". I have one of his CDs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online