1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

loud clunking sound by non-responsive command keys

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deltajane, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deltajane

deltajane Thread Starter

My husband's Dell laptop is making very loud clunking sounds when he hits the shift, delete,enter, space bar, control and other command keys. None of these keys responds to the commands. What could be the problem and what is the solution ? I think it is an Inspiration that is probably about five years old.

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

It sounds very much like the keyboard is giving up the ghost :( don't think there is anything you can do about it yourself,but it may be repairabe if you took it to a shop,I have no idea how much a repair would cost but in view of the computers age now,it might be a better option to consider renewing it .....

This site gives you some ideas on what you can do if you wan't to give it a try http://www.articlesbase.com/laptops-articles/how-to-repair-dell-laptop-keyboard-keys-2091686.html

3. maceman

maceman

Agree. Five years is good age for laptop :D

4. deltajane

deltajane Thread Starter

Thanks, the clunk is just the latest of 'little annoyances,' so my husband has decided to replace it. We appreciate the comments.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice