Loud fan noise

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jimmygoforth

Not sure if I’m the right place to get help or if you can help but the other day a weird sound was coming from my computer now it happens every few minutes the computer is brand new the sound is coming from what I think is my psu or my hard drive not really sure any help would be appreciated

If your title is correct....it can only come from hardware that has fans. A HDD doesn't have fan, so no fan noise. If it's an actual HDD you should here a hum/buzz or clicking noise. An SSD has no moving parts, so no noise from it.

There are only 4 places that has fans. 1) PSU, 2) Graphics card 3)CPU. 4)Case fans

crjdriver

computer is brand new
Have you contacted the seller? That is the very first thing to do. You start messing with opening the case, attempting to find the noise, etc and you can void any warranty you may have on the system. Once you contact whomever built/sold the system AND they tell you to do some troubleshooting, we can continue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online