Loud noise and no display

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sktle

Yesterday, my pc showed a blue screen error twice, but after that it was working fine. Then today i turned it on, and it showed white and colored lines. Not sure how to explain it but it was flashing colored lines horizontally. So I turned it off and when I try turning it on again, it won’t display on the monitor. The PC is definitely on since the lights are there but won’t display. Also after a minute the fan or some noise comes out of the PC. It starts getting louder and louder and I’m not sure why. And once I turn my PC off it immediately stops

Sounds like it may be so clogged up with dirt and dust it can barely get going, and once it does, the fans are trying desperately to cool it off before it starts a fire.

sktle

My pc is turning on, but it will not display on my monitor, it definitely works and is connected properly since I checked, and it is on but just a black screen. There is also this noise that comes out of my pc that’s really loud, right when I hear it I turn the pc off right away and it stops since I’m worried that something would happen. Do I need to let it running? Or is there some other probably with my pc. I don’t know what exactly is making that noise and why it won’t display.

cwwozniak

Chuck
sktle, I have merged your thread from today with the one you started abouit two weeks ago which seems to be the same or a closely related problem with the same hardware.

Please do not start new threads for the same problem.

it definitely works and is connected properly since I checked,
Exactly how have you determined that the PC is working properly?

Also it would probably help us to help you if you gave us details of ALL the hardware being used (manufacturers' names and the full and exact model numbers).

plodr

Liz
I don’t know what exactly is making that noise
You either have to open the PC up and determine where the noise is originating or take it somewhere to have a tech open it up and determine what is making the noise.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.