1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loud noise from computer.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ofactor, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ofactor

ofactor Thread Starter

Hey, sorry if this is not in the right section since I could not find any other better section to post this in.

Okay, my computer recently started to sound really loud, so I turned it off before I went to sleep. The next morning I woke up to turn my computer on, but nothing would show on my monitor and the computer was still extremely loud, louder then it has ever been. I decided to play around with it and I replaced the monitor plug (not sure of the correct name) to a different opening in my computer. It solved the problem and my monitor started finally working, but still my computer was louder then ever. I ended up scanning my whole computer and defraging. The scan went fine same with the defrag. The noise was still the same. When I tried out a game, it was really choppy and I was only getting about 10 fps on average.

I would really appreciate some light on this problem. Thanks.

2. dannyn

dannyn

You most likely have a bad hard drive. Get all of the infromation that is valuable to you off as quickly as you can.

3. ofactor

ofactor Thread Starter

okay, I finally got my computer to work fine. It's not loud anymore, my computer is just reading the wrong video card for some reason. I have GeForce 8600 GTS but its reading it as a GeForce 6150 LE for some reason.

4. dannyn

dannyn

Hmm... It must have been a bad fan. I did not know that you had an ad on gpu. My point still stand, if you are not backing your computer up, now is a good time to do so.
    You can mark your own thread solved buy clicking the "Mark Solved" button.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/769399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice