Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loud noise when I unplug the earphones.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Elvandil 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701. After turning it on and using it for a couple of weeks, I started using a pair of earphones, which worked normally for a while. After a day or two, when I tried to unplug the earphones, I hear this loud annoying alarm. Here is what I have observed it so far.
1. It does not seem to be effected by the volume level (It does not increase or decrease when I change the volume level)
2. It only stops when I mute the volume.
3. As soon as I plug the earphones in, it stops.
4. The system plays music/audio normally when I use the earphones.
5. When I unplug them, it still plays the audio, but the loud alarm/beep drowns it out.
6. I tried to shutdown and restart the machine, without the earphones, and the noise starts as soon as the machine starts to boot.

I am completely baffled. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
-- Manny

#2 ·
Try to test your sound with an other audio box, i think that your actual audio box it's broken, but your headphone isn't, so when you plug the phone, the sound that would to the broke audio, goes to your phone which works well.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. When you say audio box is broken, do you mean the driver/software is not working correctly or do you mean the hardware/speakers need to be replaced?

With the earphones unplugged, I can still hear the actual audio playing, except that it is practically drowned by the beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.