Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loud ringing noise coming from processor

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  avalis 
#1 ·
Hello,

For the last two days upon turning on my computer, there is a loud ringing noise emanating from the CPU or processor and Windows does not load up. After a few seconds/couple of minutes, the noise stops and I get a black screen with some data and at the end I am prompted to either press delete to setup or press F1 to resume. I have been pressing F1 and only then does Windows load. The noise is quite loud and it makes me think that my computer is on its way out, which would be too bad because I can't afford another one at this time.

Any ideas on how the problem could be addressed would be very much appreciated.

#3 ·
Thank you for answering me. The noise is like a loud bell being rung rapidly. Since it happens first thing in the morning upon turning on computer for the first time, I don't understand how it could be an overheating problem. I'm not sure I know where the fan is located.

The particulars of the machine are as follows: Emachines T1742, Celeron (R) CPU 1.70 Ghz, 128 MB Ram.

I'm thinking of keeping computer on at all times by simply putting it on Standby at night. Do you think this would be of help. The noise happens upon turning on computer first thing in the morning.

#5 ·
Hello,

The data that appeared was too numerous and, since the problem didn't happen today when I turned on the computer, I'll have to wait until it happens again so that I can write down exactly what it said. Then I'll post the information on this forum. It really didn't give me any clue as to what was wrong, but then again I'm not exactly an expert.

Thank you again. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.