1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Loud static noise then total lockup-crash

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mattsonberg, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mattsonberg

mattsonberg Thread Starter

I'm getting these more an more frequently. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it either. My computer can be totally idle and I come back to it and it's locked up or I can be simply reading something on the web and it might happen. Can anyone offer any support on this?

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 31 °C
    Skylake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1199MHz (16-16-16-39)
    Motherboard
    MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING (MS-7984) (U3E1) 42 °C
    Graphics
    2752H ([email protected])
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (Gigabyte) 51 °C
    Storage
    465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 43 °C
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA) 44 °C
    447GB KINGSTON SV300S37A480G (SSD) 34 °C
    931GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0810 USB Device (SSD) 43 °C
    1862GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0820 USB Device (SSD) 43 °C
    1862GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0827 USB Device (SSD) 43 °C
    596GB Western Digital WD 6400AAV External USB Device (SSD) 43 °C
    Optical Drives
    LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L
    Audio
    AudioBox USB Audio

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You have not included THE most important part; the pw supply. Post the exact pw supply you have installed. Next have you checked your temps and voltages under load? If not, do so. I never use msi boards however I do believe msi has monitoring software for your mb. It is called command center. Here is a link to the support page for that board; https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-KRAIT-GAMING.html#support_download
    It should be under utility. Install and run something that will stress the system ie prime95 or IBT. See what your temps and voltages are under 100% load.

mattsonberg likes this.
  4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

One other thing I notice on the support page. There are a LOT of bios updates that address memory compatibility and stability issues. Some of these updates were released only 3 weeks after the previous update. When you see this [many updates to attempt to fix a problem] it often means there is a basic problem with the board. Bios updates for new cpus are one thing however numerous updates to fix compatibility problems are another.

mattsonberg likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1170416

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice