Loud Whirring!! sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lococard

Hello,

My computer is making really loud whirring sounds from the PSU at the back. Comming out from the fan of PSU.

It is driving me crazy so can you please help me?

AMD Athlon 1700+
512 SD Ram
40 Gig
MX440 64meg

I have a Hewlard Packard PC case if that helps, i dont know what power the PSU is that.

I think it may be all the dust in there, what is a good way to clean it out?

Lococard

Is that just like a Spray Can but wiht air in it?

They sell at mitre 10?

Easy to reach nozzle to get in grate of fans?

Does it just move the air?

You may need to install another psu if cleaning it doesnt work. Im not sure a generic one from the store would fit in the case though. HP might use proprietary psu's that only fit in their which means you would have to order through them.

If it is just the fan, remove and open the power supply. Get a replacement fan, dont even have to solder. Clip the wires long at the fan, use some in-line crimp connectors to install the new one.

Why buy a PSU, when you need just a fan???

when you clean it, very carefully put a couple drops of oil on the shaft. This may help also.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online