1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lovely windows Boot Manager appears...yayyyy

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by moderaire, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moderaire

moderaire Thread Starter

Hi there. It looks like you have a helpful community here. If I may bother you for some expertise, I have a problem. When I start my computer, Windows Boot Manager appears and reads --

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
    To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
    2. Choose your language settings and then click "next."
    3. Click "Repair Your Computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The file is possibly corrupt. Its header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Now the problem is, Vista came installed on my computer when I purchased it. In addition, I have sent the machine in twice before (about a year ago) and they (radioshack...who took over my coverage plan from Circuit City) replaced the hard drive once so I'm ASSUMING they reloaded the backup. What can I do? Am I screwed? Can I save my data?

Thanks!

M.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice