Low cost options for Word and Outlook?

Katrina24

I don't know about computers and need lots of help lol I want to be able to use word outlook and chrome internet explorer. Is there another low cost option? I am currently subscribed to microsoft 365 and can no longer afford to pay yearly for microsoft 365 as I am unemployed. Any help would be most welcome thank you

TerryNet

Terry
OpenOffice is a long-time free alternative to Microsoft's Office suite.

LibreOffice is newer (also free) and, I think, a majority of people who have tried both would say preferable.

Lots of other browsers if you want alternatives to Chrome and Internet Explorer. Since you posted in the Windows 10 forum you have Microsoft's Edge. My personal preference is Firefox.

I think OpenOffice and LibreOffice are both great alternatives (especially the latter). One thing you could bear in mind if you really want to keep MS Office (especially for Outlook) is that you can pay for O365 monthly instead of annually.

As you'll see from here, the Personal version can be paid at $6.99 per month. Of course, I understand this may still be difficult if you're unemployed, but I thought it was worth bringing up in case you could still find the monthly cost within your overall budget.

Johnny b

John
LibreOffice works well for me, I haven't had any need for Outlook.
I prefer Firefox for a browser and add the extensions NoScript, AdBlock Plus. Ghostery, and Privacy Badger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online