1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Low-Detail Models in Counter-Strike 1.6

Discussion in 'Games' started by almightybob7, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. almightybob7

almightybob7 Thread Starter

Hello all,

Ok I bought the Half-Life Platinum Edition from somebody, and i installed Counterstrike onto Steam. While playing, i found out that my character models are much less detailed than my friends are. My friend thinks that it's because I've got CS 1.5, but i don't think that i would be able to play with people that are playing CS 1.6. Also, my friend logged onto my computer with his Steam account and the models are more detailed like i want them to be. But if he logs out and i log in with my Steam account, the models go back to the low detail ones. Any idea as to what causes this and and suggestions as to how to fix it?

Thanks,

2. Kramer55

Kramer55

There is usually a graphics update or model change that occurs when a new version of CS is released.
    If you want the better looking character models, you should upgrade to 1.6

3. almightybob7

well yeah, but how would i do that?

4. jellybofunk

jellybofunk

Hey, a Mainer!

Anywho, I know theres a command for this, but it slips my mind at the moment. I highly doubt you're running 1.5. If you have Steam, you have 1.6 (unless you have auto-update disabled, but I think 1.6 is the retail version now anyways). I'll post back here if I ever remember that command though.

5. almightybob7

ok thanks. for my sake i hope you can remember that command, but thanks for your help so far. At least i know that there is a solution, and thats a step in the right direction.

P.S. I'm assuming that you must be a Mainer, which I like to see. It's always good to see someone from Maine on here. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice