1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Low Disk:You are running very low on disk space on recovery :D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nottoogeeky, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nottoogeeky

nottoogeeky Thread Starter

Hi. I have a dell studio laptop 16" screen, 4gigs of mem. 360 gig hd, had vista home installed-upgraded(?) to windows 7. My hard drive is partitioned as follows: (C:drive) 224 GB free of 283 GB. (D:drive) 4.07MB free of 14.9GB. So the operating system is on D and all downloads go to D, and with only 4.07MB, not many downloads can happen. My question is
    can I repartition C and D or am I stuck with this configuration? Can I delete anything on D?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

You shouldn't be using D: for anything. It contains the Windows installation files that you paid for, as a substitute for the DVD. System Restore should not even be enabled on that drive.

3. nottoogeeky

nottoogeeky Thread Starter

So now I know system config should be on C how do I get it there? Should all windows files be on C instead of D? It almost seems like there was an error in how the drives were setup. Ware the disks partitioned like this?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

What system config are you referring to? Your partitions are correct. Check to see if System Restore is turned on for D: and turn it off if it is.

Look at D:. Do you see anything there that does not look like part of the Windows installer?

5. asyrafhm

asyrafhm

Yes you can repartition your drive by using a specific software, such as partition magic. Try to install it in your C: drive or D: drive (if you can fit it in by uninstalling some programs).

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Any changes to partitions at all will remove access to the recovery partition.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/893598

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice