Low FPS and big drop of FPS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rinwe

Computer Type: Portable ASUS GL553VD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs)
Motherboard: ASUSTek GL553VD
RAM: 8Go
Operating System & Version: Windows 10
GPU Drivers: Up to date downloaded on https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-GL553VD/HelpDesk_Download/ (I get all my drivers on the page dedicated to my model)

Hi,
I come to you because I don't know what to do. As the title says, I can have a game of league of legend at 18 flat fps with drops at 01 or even 0 ( yes I actually have seen the 0 on my fps counter ) during games. It is not the only game with low fps.
For exemple I played a lot of WoW WoTLK and Moded Morrowind lately, and Morrowind got ridiculous fps. I agree that since it's moded, I shouldn't have a flat 60 fps (and even I've disabled a lot of shader so it doesn't seems to much to ask), but to have 4 fps constantly is kind of a mood killer.
I've tried to update the driver of my GPUs and CPU. I did a entire scan of my computer with Avira. I already reinstall windows (the options without deleting personal files).
I don't know if that kind of fps is what I should have, but it seems to me that, even if my computer isn't a war machine, it shouldn't have such low fps (maybe I'm wrong and my computer is,in fact, a potato).
So does this seems normal or not ? And if not, what can I do to increase my fps ?

I already post this on reddit, and someone told me that activating VSYNC or turning off motion blur in Nvidia settings work for him, but it didn't work for me.

Since then I installed MHW and I can't even pass the first cinematic since it got like 2 FPS and I just Alt+F4.

I really don't know what to do now, any ideas ??

Attachments

Hello Rinwe, and welcome to TSG!

I took a look at your dx log that you attached, but was not able to understand the language.

Please refer to bellow link for information how to change Windows 10 display language:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...switch-input-and-display-language-preferences

Once you set it to "English US" please reboot system and attach new log.
Please have patience until someone gives you some practical hints.

I'll try to help you with your issue, but not until after tomorrow due to work that is in front of me.

Rinwe

Hi,

Don't worry, no problem. I'm already glad that someone took his time to even read my post ( and opened the dxdiag file :) ). I would rather not switch my Windows to an other language if it's not absolutly necessary if you mind not :/

OK, as you wish, the point was to switch to English during troubleshooting phase to be able to read logs.

You can switch back to your original language at any time.

One could probably also run the logs trough google translator but I'm not in the mood to do it, translation may not be perfect.

Rinwe

So don't ask me why, but I was sure that the language setting was in the BIOS and that you asked me to change a BIOS setting to change the language. So when I read your last answer, I actually seen that it was just a windows setting lmao ^^. So there is the dxdiag file in english ( I checked, but some of my composants have french name, like realtek speaker is named realtek Haut parleur ...).

Since I have posted, I did some temperature and frequencies check with OCCT, there is plenty of images in the thread ( in french, if you want I could reupload every image here with an english description of the tests ) https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-36738300-faible-fps-et-chute-de-fps ( I hope I don't break any rules by linking a thread of an other forum :/ )

Then I reinstalled windows this night but this time with all the files deleted, and I updated some of my drivers again, but the problem is still there ( tried a game of LoL, had again 2fps, I want to reassure people, all my test are during coop vs IA game, so no trouble for my mates ).

Attachments

Which one of these 2 graphics cards do you use to play games?
1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

If the answer is NVIDIA, how do you know it's working while playing games?

Please follow bellow steps to ensure switchable GPU settings are correct:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038387/

Questions:
1. Is any hardware component overclocked/underclocked?
2. Are BIOS settings set to default values or modified?

Another possible reason could be some hardware error since you reinstalled Windows and still have these issues, and program crashes are random according to dxdiag.

But first please review bellow list:

Following is a list of software one should avoid to prevent unexpected system behavior:

1. Registry, disk or system cleaners
2. Driver download or updater tools
3. System tweak tools or system optimizers
4. Various malware/adware removal tools or scanners
5. Program/driver uninstallers
6. Browser extensions of questionable reputation
7. Various "fix" tools that claim to fix some problem

If you installed anything that matches the list above, please remove from system
and reboot computer.

Rinwe

So :
1-No overclocking
2-My BIOS setting was and still are set to default, since my last reply I updated my BIOS with the update BIOS file I found on the manufecturer website ( where I already found my GPUs drivers)
3-It's NVidia, I had already set the setting in Nvidia panel control to high performance in global settings, plus I set the setting of each my games to high performance in the program settings ( just to be sure^^ ).
For knowing if it's working, I can't be sure it's working, but I monitor the activity of both card in my task manager in performance tab, and if there was some activity from my Nvidia card, I assumed it was working.

For the list of software, I just have Avast and Malware Byte installed ( Avast for real time protection and Malware Bytes to do cross scan witth Avast, don't know if I expressed myself correctly...).
This time I installed ROG Gaming Center ( gosh, this name ) and surprisingly I have no informations on my CPU nor GPU ...

So do you want me to unistall MalwareByte and ROG Gaming Center and I restart ?

Rinwe

For example, I started a LoL game, and the moment I hit 0FPS I print screen my performance tab :

Perf_0fps.png

From what I see, the GPU that is working is Intel, but could be that it was switched when you minimized your game.

You didn't answer to my questions in previous post, did you follow the tutorial I linked? etc...

Rinwe

I did, but for whatever reason,it had to pass through some administrator to get validated

I guess you talk about device manager? or program installation not sure.

if you can't get things working as standard user and have no administrator password you'll have to contact computer administrator to give you access to computer.

Rinwe

Nono, I was talking about my post where all my responses was, it told me that nobody could seen it before some administrator of the site validate it. In case you still don't see it I copy paste here the answers :

So :
1-No overclocking
2-My BIOS setting was and still are set to default, since my last reply I updated my BIOS with the update BIOS file I found on the manufecturer website ( where I already found my GPUs drivers)
3-It's NVidia, I had already set the setting in Nvidia panel control to high performance in global settings, plus I set the setting of each my games to high performance in the program settings ( just to be sure^^ ).
For knowing if it's working, I can't be sure it's working, but I monitor the activity of both card in my task manager in performance tab, and if there was some activity from my Nvidia card, I assumed it was working.

For the list of software, I just have Avast and Malware Byte installed ( Avast for real time protection and Malware Bytes to do cross scan witth Avast, don't know if I expressed myself correctly...).
This time I installed ROG Gaming Center ( gosh, this name ) and surprisingly I have no informations on my CPU nor GPU ...

OK.. I think you shouldn't have posted this until approved but I guess it's too late now anyway...

I'm not sure if this would resolve anything for now, there are other priorities..
In your initial post you said to have avira, now malwarebytes, and probably also Windows defender,
that sounds like a lot of potential trouble.
so yes uninstall them all for now and restart, maybe something changes..

plus I set the setting of each my games to high performance in the program settings
See bellow site how to reset NVIDIA settings to defaults then reset:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/24142

Please open your game, go to game video settings and set all to minimum then restart game.
See if there is any FPS change in relation to previous settings.
Note, minimum video settings are just for troubleshooting.

Let me know how this works out.

Rinwe

So, I unistalled Malware Bytes + ROG Gaming Center and set the settings to very low + I reset the Nvidia settings + I deactivate for 10 minutes my avast protection and I lauched a game, and still hit the 01 or 04 fps, but overall I got some improvements ( like I have more of a constant 15fps rather than a 6 fps ).

Something I noticedis that either I start a game of LoL or lauched Morrowind, I got solid FPS ( like 60constant for morrowind because I capped to 60, but LoL for 15 sec I've got like 200 FPS ).

For avira, I told you I had unistalled and reinstalled windows with a full deleting of my Hard Drive, so I've never had 2 antivirus installed at the same time.

On bellow link you can download software to monitor temperatures:
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Download and install "Setup English" not PRO version.
once installed run the program as Administrator, if you don't run as Administrator you may not be able to see temperatures.

leave it open, start your LoL game and play for some time, then minimize the game, take a screenshot of HWMonitor and share here.

I don't trust antiviruses for PC performance, if you're 100% sure it's not problem leave avira, otherwise remove all anti viruses and restart.

EDIT:
take screenshots for all hardware temperatures!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online