1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Low Fps/ Bad performance

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by robwarrior, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robwarrior

robwarrior Thread Starter

Hi guys my name is Robert. I have some games that my pc should be able to run no problem (pillars of eternity) (shogun 2 total war)

however I am getting about 11-15fps!.

I think this is a problem with catalyst control centre (ccc) because I had a fiddle with these settings and my fps shot up to around 70-120. But I made a mistake and reset the settings to default. And my fps is back down. I have tried to re-create the good framerate by using the same settings. I also tried every stting available in ccc but my framerate is stuck at around 15.

Plz help me get my framerate back up this is worrying me. I will attach my dxdiag and the 3d game settigns which were getting good fps and I will attach my cpu settings

plz plz plz help me some1 with a lot of experience. As my computer is as good as a paper weight with these fps! TY

Attached Files:

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy

2. On your attached images
    WHY please is the system screenshot showing
    You must activate windows today

when it should show
    Windows is activated

3. robwarrior

Hi I think I had a trial of windows 7 which ran out ages ago. Havnt got around to purchasing windows7 because it was running fine. thanks

4. robwarrior

would that really have an effect on my games performance?

5. robwarrior

Am i best to buy a windows 7 with cd key. Or upgrade to windows 8? I dnt really have anything i need to keep i can just dl my steam games again

6. Macboatmaster

unactivated windows after the 30 day grace period does not receive any updates to the system

if you don't choose to activate Windows 7 during installation, you will see an "Activate Windows Online Now" message in the system tray. If you don't activate then, you will see and "Activate Now" message every day from day four through day 27. Until day 30, you will get the "Activate Now" message every four hours until day 30. After day 30, you will get the "Activate Now" message every hour, along with a notice that your Windows version is not genuine whenever you launch the Control Panel. In addition, Windows 7 does not perform any system updates after the grace period. Finally, Windows will automatically turn your screen background image to black every hour – even after you change it back to your preference. This behaviour continues until you successfully activate Windows 7.

troubleshooting in that situation is to some extent a pointless exercise

Can the computer run 8/8.1- use the upgrade advisor
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/upgrade-to-windows-8

7. robwarrior

thankyou for your help. Ill look into getting windows

8. robwarrior

Hi I just installed windows 8.1 ill let u know if theres any performance

9. Macboatmaster

wait to hear from you
    My advice
    1. Use only the included windows defender - many third party anti-virus programs, tend to cause problems.

2. Support that with the FREE malwarebytes be careful to opt out of the offer of the 30 day trial, even although it is the free version you are downloading
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

3. Do not use any third party defragger they can damage the file system Windows will automatically check, optimize and defrag your drive.

4. Be extremely careful using CCleaner and certainly do not use it in default mode - and of course stay away from the registry cleaner.

10. robwarrior

Hi still getting bad performance I know its ccc fault. I wish I went with intel not amd

11. Blu_86

Blu_86

Oh hey. You have convinced me to sell my Intel stuff and stick with AMD only! I already know I won't have the issues you have. Welcome to TSG anyhow =)

12. Macboatmaster

13. Blu_86

Blu_86

STW2 as an example is a very intensive RTS game. Intel CPU's perform much better because of much better IPC (single core performance). Yet the game has been out for some time. I played it back in the day with a 975 Phenom and a HD 7870. The trick I found out was unlike so many other RTS games, with this one you need to turn AF back to 8x from 16x. It makes a drastic difference in FPS. When I made that change I was good to go

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!