1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

LOW laptop battery pop-up warning program needed

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hotskates, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

My Toshiba laptop battery (vista) keeps dying without any pop up warning whatsoever. I can assign a sound to remind me, but I usually have the volume turned down. I would prefer a pop up warning. My other Dell laptop has a pop up bubble that comes up at various stages of battery power. Is there some way to get this from Vista, or maybe independent software for this?

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Copy the text in the following code block into Notepad.
    Save it on the desktop as BatCheck.vbs. Be sure to change the Save as Type: box to All Files when saving.
    Code:
    [plain]strComputer = "."
    Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\wmi")
    Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * From BatteryStatus Where Voltage > 0")
    For Each objItem in colItems
      If objItem.PowerOnline = True Then
        Msgbox "Running On Battery" & vbCRLF & "Remaining capacity: " & objItem.RemainingCapacity, vbOkOnly + vbCritical + vbSystemModal
      End If
    Next
    [/plain]
    While connected to AC power with the battery fully charged, double click the file to run it.
    It will display a popup saying you are running on battery, and a Remaining capacity number. I need the number when the battery is fully charged. Then I can modify this a bit so it will display percent remaining. Then we run the modified script as a scheduled task every 5-10 minutes, and only display the popup when the percentage drops below whatever number you want.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice