LOW laptop battery pop-up warning program needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotskates

My Toshiba laptop battery (vista) keeps dying without any pop up warning whatsoever. I can assign a sound to remind me, but I usually have the volume turned down. I would prefer a pop up warning. My other Dell laptop has a pop up bubble that comes up at various stages of battery power. Is there some way to get this from Vista, or maybe independent software for this?

Copy the text in the following code block into Notepad.
Save it on the desktop as BatCheck.vbs. Be sure to change the Save as Type: box to All Files when saving.
Code:
[plain]strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\wmi")
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * From BatteryStatus Where Voltage > 0")
For Each objItem in colItems
  If objItem.PowerOnline = True Then
    Msgbox "Running On Battery" & vbCRLF & "Remaining capacity: " & objItem.RemainingCapacity, vbOkOnly + vbCritical + vbSystemModal
  End If
Next
[/plain]
While connected to AC power with the battery fully charged, double click the file to run it.
It will display a popup saying you are running on battery, and a Remaining capacity number. I need the number when the battery is fully charged. Then I can modify this a bit so it will display percent remaining. Then we run the modified script as a scheduled task every 5-10 minutes, and only display the popup when the percentage drops below whatever number you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online