1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

low uncached speed need help to bring it up please

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Misty2378, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Misty2378

Misty2378 Thread Starter

ok i did a great check at pc pitstop its a wonderful tool to check your pc health
    here's the link if you are interested:

http://pcpitstop.com/

Ok. here is my prob, I have an uncached speed of 1.67 megabytes per second. Similar systems to mine have an average of 2.42 MB/s.

How do I bring this up to about the same rate?

I also suspect it's the cause of my favorite game crashing.

Also I am seriously considering reformatting my pc and reinstalling my win98 cd to make my pc fresh like i just bought i may have to wipe everything out and i need to know how to do it. I know u have to write the hard drive to all zeros, but I dont know the first thing to do. Can anyone please give me detailed step by step instructions on how to wipe my system clean, and reinstall my OS, so its like brand new? (in case i really need to do this)

2. Misty2378

Misty2378 Thread Starter

please can someone help me with this?!!

3. brianF

brianF

I maybe wrong but cache speed is generally dictated by your hardware. If you have an older slower hard drive that's the way it is.
    As to it causing games to crash, I doubt it, make them a little slow loading but doubt it would crash them

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice